Willkommen bei MattzoBricks Foren MattzoBricks General Forum PCBWay Gerber files issue

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      Stefaan HaesenStefaan Haesen
      Teilnehmer

Hello, I’m trying to order the pcb’s from PCBWay, but they indicate there is a problem on both Gerber-files:
      A-board: There is no drill layer in your file. Please check do you need the drill layer for this order.
      B-board: Because there only have 1 copper layer in file, and without any notes for which layers should we follow for production.
      Please check is it ok to do as Top copper, both solder mask, both silksreen?

Do you have updated files ? Or comment ? Did you order them from PCBWay with the files available for download ?

Kind regards,
      Stefaan

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Administrator

Hello Stefaan,
      please try to order the PCBs at https://jlcpcb.com. Our PCB expert has ordered all of the PCBs there the we use in the Mattzobricks lab, and he said it worked without problems. Just leave all configuration options at default, this should do.

Teilnehmer

Thanks Matthias,
      I now placed the order with JLCPCB and like PCBWay, ordering was not a problem. PCBWay came with questions afterwards. Let’s hope PCBWay will refund me …
      Kind Regards

Teilnehmer

Dear Matthias,
      Same issue with jlcpcb 🙁

Hi Sir or madam,

Well got your order with many thanks~

Sorry to bother you, but there is an issue that we want to confirm with you before proceeding.

As shown below, there is no individual board outline layer in your file, should we use the outer outline on top silkscreen layer as for the board outline?

Except for the drill holes, are there any cut out, milling line in the board?

Do you need to make holes for those indicate circles at the arrows?

Your early reply will be highly appreciated!

Thank you so much!

Administrator

Thanks for the heads up. We will research the problem in greater detail.

Teilnehmer

After my question for refund, PCBWay came up with a ‘solution’ (like JLCPCB). I will have a lot pcb’s …

Administrator

Thank you for the information. We are presently researching the issue.

After reviewing the Gerber files again, we are not sure yet if there is a problem at all and what might be the cause for your ordering problems. We successfully used the downloadable Gerber files on the website to order a larger stack of PCs for ourselves.

We will get back to you in this forum as soon as we have new findings.

Teilnehmer

Hello Matthias, I was able to place the order (both suppliers), but afterwards they came up with these questions …
      PCBWAY – A-board : For inquiry order W658829AS2D5, we have reviewed the file and there is a problem need to check with you.
      PCBWAY – B-board : For inquiry order W658829AS2D6, there is a problem need to check with you.
      Because there only have 1 copper layer in file, and without any notes for which layers should we follow for production.
      Please check is it ok to do as Top copper, both solder mask, both silksreen?
      There is no drill layer in your file. Please check do you need the drill layer for this order.
      JLCPCB : As shown below, there is no individual board outline layer in your file, should we use the outer outline on top silkscreen layer as for the board outline?
      Except for the drill holes, are there any cut out, milling line in the board?
      Do you need to make holes for those indicate circles at the arrows?

Hope this helps.

Teilnehmer

Hi, today i finally received my pcb’s ordered at PCBWAY. Same issue as JLCPCB 🙁 no holes drilled and I received only one of the boards … Very unhappy !

Administrator

Thanks again for your feedback. I have taken the file off the network for now. We are going to research the matter and get back to you here.

Teilnehmer

Hi Matthias,
      Any idea when the updated gerber files will be available ? I have an outstanding order at PCBWAY just waiting for updated files 😉
      Thanks,
      Stefaan

Administrator

We will post updates here in the forum.

Teilnehmer

Still no new gerber files ?

Administrator

Hi Stefaan, I just uploaded the new Gerber files and linked it on the do-it-yourself page:

Build your own MattzoController

The old files missed indeed some layers, including the drilling layer.

I hope the new files works now.

Please let me know your results as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience and your support.

Teilnehmer

Thanks Matthias, I still have my order open, so I will now load the new files … Will let you know how it goed.

Teilnehmer

My PCBWAY-order has arrived 🙂 They look all good now 😎 time to start building!

Administrator

I am happy to hear that! Good luck!

Ansicht von 14 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.