Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      Edwin BlomEdwin Blom
      Teilnehmer

Hello,
      First of all congratulations with the excellent work done to automate Lego trains. A few weeks ago I stumbled across this and am now working on a layout with 6 switches, 10 sensors, 4 signals and used by 3 trains.
      I managed to get it up and running on a MacBook Pro, maybe I will write a dummy guide to help other dummies soon 🙂 because I knew nothing about microcontrollers etc and must have managed to encounter all the issues that were somewhere listed on this forum (or not).

One thing I don’t get going though is combining, for example, switches and signals on a Layout controller. I am using the ESP8266 without any extension boards

On the LayoutController I have 4 switches on D0 to D3 and two signals on D4 and D5. Switches work, signals do not. The serial monitor says that “this controller does not have such a port”.

When I set this up as two separate controllers; one for switches and one for signals, all works fine. When I change the signals to D0 and D1 (and the switches to D2-5), the signals work but the switches don’t.

I looked into the MattzoLayoutController.ino file I noticed the following;
      Under the handling of the signal message it says
      if (rr_port < 1 || rr_port > NUM_SIGNALPORTS) {
      mcLog2(“Message disgarded, as this controller does not have such a port.”, LOG_ERR);
      return;
      }

With NUM_SIGNALPORTS being 2 and ports being 5 and 6 respectively, this will always throw an error to my opinion.

I guess I am using the wrong file because I see many folks managed to set it up properly with combinations of switches, signals and sensors. Can someone shine a light on this 🙂 ??

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Administrator

Hi Edwin,
      can you send me your MattzoLayoutController configuration file?

Besides this, keep up the good work with your layout!

Cheers,
      Mattze

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Administrator

Thanks for sending me your configuration. The problem here is, that you need to start counting at 1 for each different component type in Rocrail. Imagine you have 1 switch, 2 signal LEDs and 2 sensors. The components may be connected to pin D0, D1/D2 and D3/D4 respectively, but this does not play a role for the correct numbering of the Rocrail ports.

The numbering for the Rocrail ports should look like this:
      Switch (pin D0): Port 1
      Signal 1 (pin D1): Port 1
      Signal 2 (pin D2): Port 2
      Sensor 1 (pin D3): Port 1
      Sensor 2 (pin D4): Port 2

As you can see, the pin allocation on the microcontroller does not play a role for the numbering of the Rocrail ports.

A small lookout: with firmware 0.5, configuration is going to get somewhat easier (I hope).

Ansicht von 2 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.