Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      David GambleDavid Gamble
      Participant

Hi Mattzo,
      Like you I started out with 4Dbricks and was very dissapointed that Tom could not continue his good work. You have taken automation to a new level – congratulations. One feature I enjoyed with n-control was train sounds. I used a very small Bluetooth speaked that was easily concealed on my Emerald Express. The big problem was that I could only control one speaker at a time!I am thinking of using an Arduino Sound Shield like this https://www.jaycar.com.au/audio-amplifier-module-with-speaker-for-arduino/p/XC3744?pos=12&queryId=2e0af12ce4a0b8a97653971ff295ed8f&sort=relevance attached to each train controller.I see that the ESP8266 has up to 4MB of flash memory that maybe can be used for sound files? Otherwise use a memory card? Interested to hear your thoughts

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by David GambleDavid Gamble.
      Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

Thank you, we are giving our best.

As you said, you need a memory card and a speaker for train sounds. We are going to implement that one day. Until then, you can use the built-in sounds in Rocrail, if that’s a possible interim solution for you.

David GambleDavid Gamble
      Participant

Thanks Mattzo,
      My ultimate aim is to have sound coming from all the trains(and level crossings etc). I have ordered the Jaycar audio shield and will experiment.
      regards

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

Here is another thread, which could be of interest:

On-board sound for locos

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.