On this page, we are going to give you some handy information how to power up and automate your switches.
Have a look at the following diagram to understand how switches and switch controllers are embedded in the MattzoBricks Train Automation System:
The following video explains how we flip our switches from Rocrail so that the trains are guided safely to their destinations:
Our switches are powered up with a component called “MattzoLayoutController”. Find the building instructions here.
Since the production of the video above, many things have happened. There is a lot more to tell about switches. We are planning to describe typical problems with switches and give advice how to overcome these problems. Planned topics on this page include:
- Configuring switches with MattzoLayout firmware 0.5 and above.
- Selecting the best switches for your layout from different vendors (e.g. LEGO, Trixbrix, 4DBrix, BrickTracks, FxBricks).
- Choosing or building motors and controllers for switches.
- Making Trixbrix double slip switches compatible with Rocrail.
- Automating double slip crossovers.
- Why carriages with fixed wheels derail on Trixbrix R40 curved switches, and how this problem can be solved.
- Problems with long, strongly swiveling or broad vehicles on tight, motorized switches and solutions for this problem.