TrixBrix offers a stunning variety of 3d printed and injection molded track components, all compatible with the LEGO train system.
TrixBrix Track Library for Bluebrick
I have compiled a complete track library with all TrixBrix tracks for the track planning software Bluebrick. The library contains more than 200 tracks, switches, crossings, special elements and sets. All geometrics have been calculated with full mathematical precision.
Please follow these steps to use the TrixBrix Track Library for Bluebrick:
- Download and install Bluebrick on your PC. If already installed, upgrade to the latest version (minimum: 1.9.1 as of March 2021).
- Choose the menu item File / Download Additional Parts…
3. In the next dialog, select “Search in the Official Non-LEGO Package Library” and click on “Search for Package Libraries”.
4. On the next screen, select the TrixBrix Library for Bluebrick (TrixBrix.zip) and click “Start Download”.
Bluebrick will then download the library. Click on the “TrixBrix” tab on the track element section to use the library.
After downloading the library, it is a good time to optimize your Bluebrick configuration:
- The TrixBrix Track Library for Bluebrick works best on white background. Navigate to menu “Edit / Preferences”. Select tab “Appearance”. Choose Color Scheme “Classic (printer friendly)”.
- Stay in the preferences dialog, as we need to do some additional settings there. Select the tab “Part Library”. Select “TrixBrix” and move it up to the top of the list by clicking the “Move Up” button.
- Still in the preferences dialog, find the box “Part and Bubble Information”. Check “Part Info:” and “Description”.
- Close the preferences dialog by pressing the “OK” button.
Download sample files
Sample file with the most of the sample track layouts published on MattzoBricks can be downloaded here:
Tips and Tricks
In the library, there are some “sets” of predefined combinations of tracks, e.g. railyards, cross-overs, and pass-throughs. Add one of them to your layout, e.g. the “Monster Crossover R104”. You can disassemble a set by clicking the right mouse button on it and select the context menu “ungroup”. After ungrouping, you can move the single components of sets individually. Cool, isn’t it?
1.7.1 / upcoming
- 2-track railyards R40 and R104
- Various hull corrections
1.7 / 14.07.2023
- R148 concept
- R148 switches
- R148 curve, siding curve, turnout curve
- Straight S1.3
- T-Junction R40-R56
- Wye switch R40-R56 and R56-R40
- R40 curve 5.625° (quarter)
- T-Junction R40-R56 core
- T-Junction R40-R56 full assembly
- Double pass-through R40 assembly (spans over four tracks)
- Fixed some broken part pictures in HTML part list export
- Narrow gauge R36 switches with ground throw on the inner side
- Minor fixes and sort order improvements
1.6.5 / 13.08.2022
- Zero Gap Triple Switch
- 2 Stud Gap Triple Switch
- 4 Stud Gap Triple Switch
- Minor corrections for 2 Stud Gap Switches (hull)
1.6.4 / 12.04.2022
- 2 Stud Gap Switches
1.6.3 / 21.03.2022
- 8 Stud S-Curve (R34 / 28,07°)
- MILS Straight Track Terminator
1.6.2 / 22.02.2022
- 4 Stud S-Curve (R65 / 14,25°)
1.6.1 / 26.11.2021
1.6 / 16.112021
- R72 Switches including sidings and turnouts.
- Pass-Through Crossing R72 with various R40/R56/R72 crossover turnouts sets
1.5.3 / 29.04.2021
- R136, R152, R168, R184 Curves
1.5.2 / 17.02.2021
- R56 Switches including sidings and turnouts.
- Pass-Through Crossing R56
- Diverging Double Track R40/R56 set
- Switch Servo Motor Connectors for Narrow Gauge Double Crossing
- Several improvements
- Minor bug fixes
1.5.1 / 02.11.2020
- Buffer Stop V2 (5 studs long)
- Double Straight (32 studs long)
- Bug fixes (Double Slip Crossover R104 sets)
1.5 / 12.10.2020
- Switch Servo Motors
1.4.4 / 04.09.2020
- 4 Stud Gap Switches
1.4.3 / 19.08.2020
- Bug fix (Missing Standard Connector)
1.4.2 / 14.08.2020
- Double Slip Crossover R104
1.4.1 / 31.07.2020
- R40 Zero Gap Switch
- R104 Wye Switch
- R104 Quadruple Switch
1.4 / 03.07.2020
- Narrow Gauge R84 Switches
- Narrow Gauge Crossing 22,5°
1.3 / 21.06.2020
- Narrow Gauge Curves R72, R84, R96
- Dual Gauge Crossing 90°
- Narrow Gauge Buffer Stop
1.2 / 27.05.2020
- R40 Railyard Switch
1.1 / 28.04.2020
- Wide curve combos
1.0 / 09.04.2020
- First public version, containing all TrixBrix parts as available on this day