Welcome to MattzoBricks Forums MattzoBricks General Forum VScode and OTA-update MattzoControllers

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Pieter van den BosPieter van den Bos
      Participant

Hello,

I am super excited about the MattzoBricks development and have automated several trains by now. Really super fun. But before I start configuring more Mattzo controllers I would like to master the OTA update principle first.

I was able to find an instruction for Arduino on the MattzoBricks website but with VSCode I can’t get it working (yet).

Does anyone have instructions on how to work with OTA-updates with VSCode and the MattzoControllers?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Pieter

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

Hi Pieter,
      it’s always great to hear that people like our stuff.

I am using OTA with VSCode. The idea is to configure some parameters in the [env] section of the my_platform.ini file:

[env:esp12e]
      ; Use either the ‘upload_port’ line above if the ESP32 is connected to your PC’s USB port or enable/configure the three lines below to use OTA updates.
      ; The IP address should match that of the controller on your network.
      ; The should match the current password from the network_config.json you previously uploaded to the controller.
      ;upload_protocol = espota
      ;upload_port = 192.168.x.y
      ;upload_protocol = espota
      ;upload_flags = –auth=

Remove the semicolons ahead of the parameters and configure them correctly.

Does this help?

If not, there is a lot of Mattzobricks-unspecific documentation on the web, you can find it easily via Google.

Cheers,
      Mattze

Participant

Hi Mattze,

Thank you for your quick response. And, SUCCES!, the OTA-update is now working. Super!!!

Keep up your good work.

Pieter

Keymaster

I am happy to hear that. You know that we have a “project” section in which I post some cool layouts of our users. Feel free to send me some media via e-mail. Thanks!

Participant

Hi Mattze,

I will definitely do that as soon as the layout of my legocitylayout takes its shape. So far it is mostly expirimenting with Mattzo-controllersettings, Rocrail, soldering, testing, etc. I have the MTC4PF and MLC working. My next step is testing with the MTC4PU. Very much looking forward to it.

Pieter

Keymaster

Looking forward to it! By the way, I’d recommend the MTC4BT instead of the MTC4PU.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.