On this page, we are going to give you some handy information how to power up and automate your switches.
This video explains how we flip our switches from Rocrail so that the trains are guided safely to their destinations:
Our switches are powered up with a component called “MattzoController”. If you want to build your own MattzoController, please read this page.
There is a lot more to tell about switches. We are planning to describe typical problems with switches and give advice how to overcome these problems. Planning topics on this page include:
- Selecting the best switches for your layout from different vendors (e.g. LEGO, Trixbrix, 4DBrix, BrickTracks, FxBricks).
- Choosing or building motors and controllers for switches.
- Connect switches to your automation software like nControl or Rocrail.
- Making Trixbrix double slip switches compatible with Rocrail.
- Why carriages with fixed wheels derail on Trixbrix R40 curved switches, and how this problem can be solved.
- Problems with long, strongly swiveling vehicles on tight, motorized switches and problem solutions.