Welcome to MattzoBricks Forums MattzoBricks General Forum Controllers not connecting to MQTT

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Luuk vBLuuk vB
      Participant

Dear all,

I have tried out v0.5 the last days and I’m not able to connect the controllers to MQTT, anybody has some ideas to help me out?

Controllers I’ve tried out: MLC, MTC4PU, MTC4BT (btw: the tutorial is great!)
      Through the serial monitor I do see the train controllers connecting to trains. I also see sensors responding to the MLC. But I just don’t get them responding to MQTT on my pc.

Good to know:
      – I have multiple v0.3 controllers running, including train, switch and sensors. These do report to my pc over Wifi to MQTT, and i’m able to control them in Rocrail
      – I am sure the network configuration file is set up correctly, I checked it multiple times.
      In the serial monitor I do get a message that the controller is connecting to my Wifi Network. The
      MLC even says ‘MattzoController Setup completed’

Ulrich SchneiderUlrich Schneider
      Participant

Obviously, it is hard to tell without mich more information.
      I would focus on the MLCs. The config file must be MOVED, NOT COPIED into your Arduino folders. You are not allowed to have them in your folders with the other files.

Sometimes the port is wrong. Instead of 1883, it is 8883 or so. Sometimes the IP of the MQTT changed.

Luuk vBLuuk vB
      Participant

Thanks for your response!

I got the MLC + MQTT running now by using the right board manager version for the ESP board.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by Luuk vBLuuk vB.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.