Welcome to MattzoBricks Forums MattzoTrainController for Bluetooth (MTC4BT) MQTT credentials in network_config

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      torobins ...torobins …
      Participant

1st time posting. Matthias, thank you for this site. it is a wealth of information. I have been able to configure an esp32 with the MTC4BT firmware and use rocrail successfully using a public MQTT broker!! I was wondering if there is a way to specify credentials for my local mqtt broker in the network_config file? my local broker is mosquitto running through home assistant which requires username and password. after much research, i do not think there is a way for the home assistant mosquitto broker to accept anonymous users or null username/password. I have tried to add “password” and “username” lines to the network_config.json file but this does not work. any suggestions? thank you again for this wonderful site.

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

For the Arduino based controllers (MLC and MTC4PF) it should be quite simple: just add username and password to the connect method of the PubSubClient. Check https://pubsubclient.knolleary.net/api#connect

I will ask Ray to check how this would be done for the MTC4BT.

Raymond BrinkRay
      Keymaster

That’s correct. There’s currently no way you’d be able to specify the credentials to use to connect to MQTT. It’s probably a small addition though, so we’ll try to add it asap.

torobins ...torobins …
      Participant

thanks! I look forward to it.

Henrik WilsHenrik Wils
      Participant

Any updates on this? I’ve got the same problem, and need to control my train from Home Assistant 🙂

Keymaster

Not yet. We have created a feature request for this request. Once we find the necessary time, we’ll care about it. Maybe around Christmas. Thanks for your patience.

Henrik WilsHenrik Wils
      Participant

Happy new year 🙂 Hope that I can soon get my train working automagically from HA. It will actually be a feature for my Twitch channel, where a hype train should kick off the train by itself, so I’m really looking forward to it.

Keymaster

No. I am presently busy motorizing and automating the Orient Express. After that, I will finish a couple of other projects and then hopefully be able to start working on important backlog issues like this one. Thanks for your patience.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.