Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

Hi all, we have just uploaded firmware 0.5 to the website. It contains the long awaited MTC4BT, which handles both LEGO Powered Up hubs and SBricks. The documentation is available in the Controllers menu of the mattzobricks.com website.

Many thanks for Ray, who has programmed the firmware for this controller; to Hilbert for his valuable contributions about C++ implementations and architecture, electronics etc. It’s great to have you guys in the team.

Enjoy, and looking forward for feedback from the community.

Dirk SchäferDirk Schäfer
      Participant

Dear Matthias,

First of all, happy new year and thank you for the information and all the great work you and your team put into this project and share it with us.

For the MTC4PU-Controllers the PU-Hubs have to be started in the order in which they are listed in the configuration file, so, if you have two locomotivess in your config-file and you want to drive the second locomotive, you have to start both locomotives. Does this also apply for the MTC4BT-Controller or is it independent of the order in the list?

Dirk

Joos BuijsJoos Buijs
        Keymaster

Hi Dirk,

Happy new year, and great to read you’re happy with the project 🙂

I used the MTC4BT controller extensively and the main benefit is connecting hubs: the order, and even the time the hubs are on does not matter any more. I have changed batteries while the other locos remained running, and without rebooting the MTC4BT the train connected again and was ready to continue its journey.

Hope you find the MTC4BT as useful as I do!

Kind regards,
        Joos

Dirk SchäferDirk Schäfer
          Participant

Dear Joos,

thank you for your answer. These are great news and will make life easier (at least in terms of running LEGO trains 🙂

After getting used to the VSC I managed to get the first MTC4BT running. I was a bit struggling with a train with two PU Hubs, but succedded. Looking forward to extend this to my other trains.

Kind regards,
          Dirk

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.