Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stefan MaderStefan Mader
      Participant

I have been trying to get MTC4BT running for some time, there were some errors I was facing and I want to share them to help others:

1) do not install the source code in a directory that is too nested. By mistake, I installed it to
      C:\Users\abcde\OneDrive\Dokumente\PlatformIO\Projects\Firmware_MattzoController_V0.5.1\Firmware_MattzoController_V0.5.1\Firmware_MattzoController_V0.5.1

and then it simply did not compile, said it would not find some files that were there. By moving it to
      C:\Users\abcde\OneDrive\Dokumente\PlatformIO\Projects\Firmware_MattzoController_V0.5.1\Firmware_MattzoController_V0.5.1
      these problems could be solved.

2)
      The compiler then threw several errors, the only relevant of them was:
      ‘std::vector’ has not been declared

After some searching I found
      https://stackoverflow.com/a/38228651/1765341
      which said that
      #include <vector>
      should always be used in classes that use vector.
      After adding that line to 6 files that were in error, everything compiled fine.

I would propose to do that change in the original source code, according to the stackoverflow link I think it is pure chance whether it compiles without it or not (though I’m no C++ expert so I may be mistaken)

3) I had an old USB cable that caused the following error when Uploading the image:

serial.serialutil.SerialException: could not open port ‘COM3’: FileNotFoundError(2, ‘Das System kann die angegebene Datei nicht finden.’, None, 2)

The simple solution was to use a different cable.

4) My original installation did not compile at all, it was throwing all sorts of errors that it could not find any libraries. I have no idea what I did wrong, I then simply erased the project, then created a simple demo project that worked, and then loaded MTC4BT again – then the errors were gone.

My next steps will now be to configure a first locomotive. Looking forwards to finally see it running 🙂
      Thanks a lot for the great project!

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

Just wonderful! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.