Welcome to MattzoBricks Forums MattzoBricks General Forum Narrow Gauge train motor

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Max T.Max T.
      Participant

I updated my layout with Trixbrix narrow gauge tracks.
      Sadly, I had to realize that my 4 studs wide loco I designed a couple of years ago is not working on the crossings and s-curves.
      I designed a new version, which works but is not reliant enough to be a ready to use solution.
      Therefore I was wondering if anybody here might have done something similar with better success or if anybody might has designed an own 4-study motor (for example 3D printed).

Regards Max.

Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

Hi Max,
      that sounds pretty cool. I have a lot of narrow gauge tracks, switches and crossings here, but I just played around with them a little bit – nothing serious yet. I didn’t have time to get into the science of building rolling stock for narrow gauge yet, so I have no practical experience in that yet. But I have a strong desire to dive into that matter later. So, maybe I ping you one day for exchanging a bit more of your experience.

Did you check out the track planning section on Mattzobricks yet? I have added narrow gauge tracks to the Trixbrix library for Bluebrick, so Track Planning should be quite easy also for narrow gauge.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.