Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Matthias RunteMatthias Runte
      Keymaster

This is a place to discuss Rocrail related issues. They is plenty to speak about, but many of the issues will be purely Rocrail related and not directly connected with MattzoBricks specific problems.

For general Rocrail issues, I recommend to visit the Rocrail forum: https://forum.rocrail.net/

My experience is that you can find many really nice and helpful people there as well!

• This topic was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by Matthias RunteMatthias Runte.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Matthias RunteMatthias Runte.
      • This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Matthias RunteMatthias Runte.
      • This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Thomas RodriguesMax.
      Sophie GoreSophie Gore
      Participant

Hello

I am sorry if this is in the wrong place, or it is a silly question. I am very new to automation and anything electronic.

I have my components ordered to build the train and switch controllers, and while they are on the way I was trying to learn how to use Rocrail.
      In part of the setup it says that you need to set up the Command Station. Is this a separate thing to the train controller or integrated as part of the train controller?

Thank you in advance! This is such a great project 🙂

Thorsten SchmitzThorsten Schmitz
      Participant

Hi Sophie,
      No, you don‘t need something like a Command Station. Follow the Instruction in the general section here on the website. The Control is a Virtual Server in Rocrail. Important is the Setting of the mqtt server like described. That‘s it! If you have more Problems, please Report.
      Regards Thorsten

Dan GoreckiDan Gorecki
      Participant

The tutorial on the Rocrail website go into great detail on the program. When I first started out with Mattzo’s items, i just used the Demo plan from Rocrail to setup the switches and signals for testing. I think it has a bit of a learning curve to get things right, as I wasn’t into train modeling prior, but it’s all comes together after a little bit.

Piet BeinekePiet Beineke
      Participant

Here I am again 😐
      I have got the train all up and running properly, at least in manual mode. That means I am able to start and stop the train via the buttons in rocrail, but as soon as I start the automatic mode, I think there’s something fishy, because it doesn’t even reserve blocks in yellow for the trains I drag in. Needless to say that although the log says block 3 is the destination, the train stays in wait mode forever, flickers for a split-second in auto mode and then stays in wait again.
      Is there something, that is essential for suto mode to work, or should I simply try reinstalling Rocrail?
      Regards
      Piet

Ulrich SchneiderUlrich Schneider
        Participant

Hoi Piet,

It is almost impossible to predict what issue you have. Rocrail has numerous configurations, etc.
        A brief checklist would be:
        – Have you connected some (or all) switches to rocrail?
        – Have you installed sensors?
        – Have you at least one more free block than trains?
        – Have you configured routes?
        – Have you assigned sensors for routes and blocks?
        – Have you started automatic mode and started each train?

Best,
        Uli

Piet BeinekePiet Beineke
          Participant

Hi Uli,
          I’m simply gonna go over your checklist:
          -I do not have switches connected at the moment, because TrixBrix doesn’t have them in stock, but they aren’t needed as only 2 of the three blocks are enabled
          -yes I have got sensors installed before and after every block on my test layout
          -I’ve got 3 blocks in total right now and a single test train
          -The only thing I’ve done is switch on automatic and used drag and drop for selection of blocks
          -All of my sensors are configured as enter and in for each direction for all blocks
          -I have started automatic mode and started the train via the rightclick-menu after the block selection
          Regards
          Piet

Lucas HLucas H
            Participant

Hi Piet,

Have you defined the routes for the blocks in Rocrail? If you haven’t done so, the auto mode will not work. The easiest way of creating the routes is by using the router in Rocrail which automatically generates the routes for the layout. Go to file/router/routing in Rocview in order to have the router generate the routes.

Let me know if this solves the problem!

All the best, Lucas

Piet BeinekePiet Beineke
            Participant

Thanks alot, I’ve had fun for the past minutes 🙂

YevgenYevgen
      Participant

Hello All! Can anyone point me to Rocrail’s MQTT command reference? I’ve been crawling their site and found bits and pieces of information, but cannot find a comprehensive guide to how Rocrail receives and issues commands via MQTT and what they are. Thanks!

Piet BeinekePiet Beineke
        Participant

If I am correct you have to go to Rocrail Properties, Service and on the right bottom you will find “MQTT-Service”. You put in “localhost” on the left and 1883, the MQTT-Port, on the right. IT should work then. You can also find all of this under Automation-Controller-GeneralSection-RocrailSetup

YevgenYevgen
          Participant

Thanks Piet, I am actually looking for MQTT command reference. I’d like to take a crack at coding a light switch for a building, controlled by Rocrail.

Piet BeinekePiet Beineke
            Participant

Oh ok sorry, I understood that incorrectly. I can’t really help with that, because I’m kinda new to this topic too.
            Regards

Jan-Boris NadlerJan-Boris Nadler
      Participant

Kommunikation zwischen Rocrail und Mqtt-Brocker und MattzoSignalController
      Hallo,
      ich bin super begeistert von der Seite und versuche die Automationsschritte nach zu bauen. Nach einigen Versuchen habe ich es geschafft, dass Rocrail mit dem Mqtt-Brocker und dem MattzoSignalControler kommunizieren. Das klappt auch, jedoch gibt es massiv verzögerungen, bzw die Befehle kommen nicht durch. Ich schalte ein Signal um, es bleibt aber so. Einige Sekunden später funktioniert es. Ich habe mal den Text vom MQTT-Brocker abgeschrieben, vielleicht könnt ihr mir weiterhelfen. Der nachfolgende Text wiederholt sich alle 10 sek. Gruß Jan

Will message specified (25 bytes) (r0, q1).
      rocrail/service/info
      Sending CONNACK to Rocrailservice (0, 0)
      Received SUBSCRIBE from RocrailService
      rocrail/service/client (Qos 1)
      RockrailService 1 rocrail/service/client
      Sending SUBACK to RocrailService
      Received SUBSCRIBE from rocrailService
      rocrail/service/field (QoS 1)
      RocrailService 1 rocrail/service/field
      Sending SUBACK to RocrailService
      New connection from 127.0.0.1 on Port 1883
      Client RocrailService already connected, closing old connection.
      New CLient connected from 127.0.0.1 as RocrailService (p1, c1, k60).

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.